Tuesday, January 25, 2011

M.O.M. Obstacles

Call me crazy, but I underestimated this whole twin thing.  I am so blessed and very grateful for the opportunity to have two children at once.  God definitely provided me with the desires of my heart, and he did it quite efficiently!  However, everyday things are much more complicated now for this M.O.M. (Mom of Multiples).

For example, while pregnant I would see moms shopping with their infant.  They would put them in the front of the shopping cart in their carrier and fill up the cart with their groceries.  How sweet, I thought, to bring your baby with you.  Then I realized once my babies were born that grocery shopping would not be an option for me unless I had a babysitter or some serious help!  I mean where do you put 2 infant carriers in the grocery cart?!?!

I also cannot do the everyday quick errands like running into the post office or easy things like that with both babies.  This would require the stroller, which is an event taking the "baby expedition" out!

But today I learned a trick!  If I leave one baby with Nana and take the other with me, I can do all the fun things that most moms of single babies can do.  I effortlessly took Knox grocery shopping with me, carried him into the post office, and even stopped at a local cafe to grab lunch.  Yes it took a little bit more time, but it was a piece of cake compared to juggling two of them!  Any of my friends who have had singletons and want to tell me how hard it was/is can now find someone else to tell it to because I am convinced more than ever now that having one baby is easy breezy!!!  I am also convinced that people who have more than twins have been hand selected by God for an extremely special job.  One that I don't know I could handle. Thank goodness He only gives us what we can handle :)

No comments:

Post a Comment