Tuesday, August 28, 2012

8 months of pregnancy in retrospect

As I officially approach the final weeks of this pregnancy, I am reminiscing on how easy this pregnancy has been for me and thanking the good Lord for allowing me to experience a "normal" pregnancy.

After my huge ordeal with twins, in which I experienced nearly every complication known to man in regards to the pregnant body, I was terrified when I found out I was pregnant yet again.  Fears of constant vomitting, weeks in the hospital, rashes, high blood pressure, bed rest, complications with baby, and other various things began to swirl around in my head and I really wasn't looking forward to doing it all over again.  I actually cried for a few days just thinking about the misery of my pregnancy experience.

Well, now that I have made it through to the 8th month of this pregnancy, I have to say that I am pleasantly surprised and grateful, and I think I now understand what normal pregnancy feels like.  It really isn't too bad.  In fact, I might say that it has been somewhat enjoyable!  I only experienced a short stint of morning sickness, a week of high blood pressure (due to me taking on a job that was too much stress), and some discomfort in this homestretch (which I am sure is totally normal).

I don't feel like I know baby Kamryn the same way I knew the twins at this time.  This is mostly due to the fact that I have been kept busy by the twins, our cross-state move, and fewer visits to the doctor and sonograms.  I don't even know what she looks like.  But maybe it will be a sweet surprise when we actually meet her in less than 4 weeks!  Now, if I could only get the nursery wrapped up, bottles and clothes washed and diapers purchased...I would be good to go!  Until then, I will enjoy my pregnant belly for the final time.  No more babies for us after this!

No comments:

Post a Comment