Friday, September 3, 2010

Birthday Fun

Turning 30 was a milestone in my young life for a few reasons, but mostly because it meant that my 20's are history.  For all who know how tumultuous my 20's were, you know I am breathing a sigh of relief and I know that my 30's will be fabulous!  My birthday celebration started a day early with a wonderful surprise from my mother-in-law, D, who lovingly provided me with someone to come to our house for the entire day and help me organize, move things, and most importantly disinfect our humble abode.  She stayed for 6 hours helping me get everything in order, which at the end of the day put the biggest smile on my face.  I can't explain what a blessing it was to have someone do the heavy lifting and cleaning since I am good for nothing right now except for growing our children.  See our beautiful growing children below!



At noon, my wonderful husband brought me a gorgeous bouquet of flowers which included hydrangeas, roses and daisies.


And in the evening we went out for dinner and had a nice little date night (which has been long over due).  This was all the day before my actual birthday because Kris had a football game on my birthday.  So, my actual birthday seemed like an extra day of love!  I enjoyed a wonderful lunch with my lady co-workers.  Mexican food is always good for this pregnant tummy so long as I have my Pepcid A/C in tow! 

Since Kris had his season opener that night, my father-in-law picked me up and we headed to the football field to support the team.  It was a great night for football...the we had a cold front move in so the heat wasn't so unbearable.  I just love watching Kris in action!  He loves what he does so much.

Here they are right before kick off, getting everyone together:


Here he is rallying his guys:


In night vision (because the lights were so bad at the field) stretching out a cramped up player:


And finally, with a win - and the final score!!!


All in all it was a great birthday!  Cheers to what this next decade will bring....a growing family, the laughter of children, many tears, and less stress (well maybe just a completely different kind of stress).

No comments:

Post a Comment