Monday, September 6, 2010

Pregnancy Comments

I realize that I am pregnant, and I also realize that I am going to be larger than most because I am carrying twins, but it shocks me at what people will actually allow themselves to say.  Here are a few of the "good" ones I have heard lately:

"Oh wow, it looks like you swallowed a huge basketball"
"You are gonna pop soon!"
"Oh I am glad I am not you - you are going to get HUGE"
"Two babies are a lot to handle, are you sure you are ready?"
"Do you need a wheelchair?"

I have to laugh, but inside it makes me think...really, I can't believe you just said that!  On that note, I have only gained 20 lbs, am carrying 2 very healthy babies, and yes I still have 3 more months to go!  I think I am doing fabulous :)

To all the nay sayers my response is....I am pregnant, not handicapped...and yes, I realize that 2 babies are a lot to handle but they are double the blessing and I am absolutely ready for that!  A huge basketball is better than looking like the Michelin Man!  Cheers to pregnancy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment