Sunday, October 3, 2010

Pregnancy Update!

It has been a while since I posted a new blog, but there has been a lot going on with us and the babies.  At my last doctor's appointment, I was measuring as if I was 9 months (and beyond) along with a singleton!  Can you imagine....I am only 7 months!  GASP...what am I going to do with the next 2 months?!?!

Well, my measurement assured me that the babies are growing very healthily and we are in the home stretch!  However, when we went in for a ultrasound a few days ago, it appears that our little Kaitlyn is having some difficulties with her amniotic fluid.  Her fluid appears to be very low and on the doctor's measurement system, her fluid measures at 4.  To give perspective, if it drops to 2, they go in and do an emergency C-Section!  You can imagine the fear that began to well up inside of me.  4 is very close to 2 and at first they could only get a 3 reading on her.  Thank goodness she moved around a little and they found a pocket of fluid that measured 4!  Knox is doing great, and he is practically swimming in his excess of fluid!

So the only help I can provide Kaitlyn is to lie down ALL the time, which means bed rest!  As hard as it is for me to sit still for more than 5 minutes and do absolutely nothing, I am realizing that for the first time in my life, this has nothing to do with me and everything to do with our children.  The doctors gave me two steroid shots to help their lungs develop in the instance that they have to go in and get them sooner than expected.  This will hopefully provide a better NICU opportunity for them, as lung development is usually the biggest hurdle with premies.  If they were to be born at 28 weeks, the babies would have a very good success rate of survival, but the thought of it makes me very emotional.

I have prayed and prayed over these children that God would restore the balance of fluid and that I would be able to carry them to the 36-37 week mark.  I ask that you would join Kris and I in this prayer!

Soooo....no more football games, office time, cleaning, grocery shopping, or really any kind of activity for me.  Oh this is going to be difficult!  I have resorted to writing thank you cards and knitting little hats for my babies.  Thankfully, I have wonderful friends who have offered their help to us and continue to show me that while big city living can be fun....nothing beats the hospitality and sense of community like a good ole' small town.  I know that God has us right where he wants us!  Praise Jesus Christ for knowing and providing exactly what we need all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment